Location: Shenzhen/ Changsha, China
Working hours: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm (Flexibility is needed due to the nature of the job)
Function: English into Japanese Translator
Industry: Translation and Localization
● Translate/proofread/edit (Japanese <>English) content from various fields including IT, medical, finance, legal, etc.
● Conduct quality control for final translations, evaluate other translators' work and collaborate closely with other translators and project managers
● Revise materials translated by both internal and external translators for accuracy, spelling, grammatical errors and consistency
● Work with translation tools like SDL Trados Studio, MemoQ, etc. (training can be provided)
● Proactively identify and solve problems
● Be responsible for settling any contentious linguistic issues identified at either the translation or proofreading stage or by the client.
● Liaise with clients and external translators to ensure the correct context of translations
● Coordinate translation projects, including taking client requests, assigning appropriate resources, creating work plans for translation projects and ensure delivery of translations according to client instructions.
● Native speaker of Japanese and fluent in English
● Bachelor's or higher-level degree with a specialty in IT, medicine, finance, law, English or translation
● Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
● Strong interpersonal skills and reliable
● 2+ years of working experience in the translation/localization industry