More and more businesses and educational institutions are recognizing the value of learning outside the typical classroom using technology. They also realize that localizing eLearning materials can help them reach more people in more languages and locales. Yet, the localization of eLearning materials is more than just simply translating the content; it involves various multimedia localization elements, such as localizing the UI, animation and on-screen text localization and audio-video post-production. Localizing your elearning course requires that all elements are localized according to its target markets' needs to ensure cultural sensitivity and better understanding of the materials.
As the world of business becomes more and more globalized, it is strategically important to market your product globally. Although your product may be available everywhere in the world, is it ready for optimum use in every part of the world? Is it global-ready?
Software and app localization involves translating or adapting user interfaces, help files and technical documentation into different languages or for a specific country or region. At Boffin, we recognize the value in localization to make our clients' products appropriate for a target market. With years of localization experience, we are able to handle the nitty-gritty details often involved in the localization process. We are also capable of working in parallel with the development of the source product to enable simultaneous shipment of multiple language versions, if necessary.
To help you achieve the fastest time to market, we will ensure a smooth and timely coordination of the various processes, resulting in a robust and reliable workflow that meets your requirements. And to maximize your cost savings, we ensure the greatest consistency in the final product.
Reach a wider global audience when you localize and translate your video and online games with Boffin's game localization expertise. Boffin offers a comprehensive suite of services for your complete game localization needs: translation, localization, and multimedia services. Our services for gaming include:
● In-game text translation
● UI localization
● User manuals translation
● Voice-over and dubbing
● Marketing materials transcreation
● Legal documentation translation
● Website localization
Boffin's multimedia team has a decade of experience localizing multimedia content across various platforms in over 40 languages. We've localized a wide variety of content, such as:
● eLearning & training courses
● Marketing presentations
● Product presentations
● Video games
When localizing any materials, our experience has taught us to value the importance of multilingual desktop publishing (DTP). No matter how good the translation quality is, the tiniest layout oversight or typo can affect the impression you leave and the perception of your product or brand. This is especially true for high-profile materials like marketing communications, advertising or packaging.
Founded first as a translation company back in 1996, our expert translation team forms the backbone of our core strength. We have built a team deep in linguistic and cultural knowledge and skilled in translation tools and processes. You can rely on our native speaker linguists to accurately convey the messages that are in the source documents.
● Over 400 million words translated
● Partner with native speaking linguists only
● 40+ languages and 55+ language combinations
● ISO 9001:2015 certified
As one of the pioneers of multimedia localization, we have built a strong reputation as a reliable and respected supplier of these solutions for companies across a variety of industry sectors. We've had the privilege of helping some of the most influential organizations worldwide – both commercial and non-commercial, establish their brand.
To continue our pioneering tradition, we have developed an award-winning video localization platform that expedites the video localization process, saving our clients valuable time and money. Visit VideoLocalize.com for more details.
Every industry has its own particular challenges and requires well-customized solutions. After years of experience accumulation, Boffin can help you work smarter, faster, and more cost-effectively in your industry. The following are some of the major industries that Boffin has worked in for decades and own the know-how expertise:
● Consumer Products
● Electronics & Telecom
● Life Science
● Software & IT
● Travel & Hospitality
With our 20+ years in the industry, we have worked on a whole array of translation projects. Regardless of the scope, easy or complex, big or small, you can be confident that Boffin has the experience to handle any kind of translation projects. Typical translation projects we've worked on include:
● Product manuals
● Legal contracts and other related documents
● Technical content (e.g. automotive, chemical, etc.)
● E-learning / multimedia training courses
● Internal company documents
● Marketing materials
● Public relations documents
● Glossary creation
● Terminology Management
● Translation Style Guide Creation
● Translation Memory creation and Maintenance
With Boffin, you can be assured that relevant multimedia components such as audio, video, graphics, translated text as well as the UI are localized to be linguistically and culturally appropriate for your target market. Our eLearning localization services include:
● Interactive content translation
● Audio script transcription and translation
● On-screen and animation text localization
● Graphics localization
● Voice-over and dubbing using native voice talents
● Audio and Video post-production
● Formatting and Typesetting
● Course Integration and publishing
● Linguistic & functional QA Testing
Our experienced and highly skilled software engineering team stands ready to provide prompt, professional software localization services, including but not limited to:
● Localization of all source code resource files
● User interface localization
● Documentation localization, including screen-shot generation
● Testing of the final, localized product
● Dialog Box Resizing, Build, Compilation
● Multilingual QA testing
Our highly skilled and detail-oriented DTP specialists are equipped with locale-specific experience and are supported with a rich internal knowledge base and country-specific DTP standards. We can work in almost any language, including all European languages, double-byte Asian languages, and bi-directional languages such as Hebrew and Arabic. With Boffin, you can expect flawless DTP quality that will convey your message beautifully in any language.
● A team of 5 In-house dedicated game translators who are also avid gamers.
● 350+ game titles and over 15 million words translated.
● All localization content will be compliant to the client's terminologies and
age-rating requirements. This can effectively lower the localization QA cost
and minimize the risk of failing a submission.
● We take into account cultural background, language differences, and button
behaviors during our localization process; we also consider political matters
as well as legalities affecting the localized product.
We have accumulated significant knowledge and experience in eLearning localization over the years, and have built up a localization team who has the technical expertise and cultural sensitivity to ensure your eLearning product will be global-ready.
Here is a snapshot of our eLearning localization process:
Analysis and Preparation
● File types and content
● Tool requirements
● Word count
● Production tasks and timelines
● Assembly of style-guides and glossaries
● Audio script preparation, pronunciation guide and timings
● Voice assignment and recruitment
● Translation of text and scripts
● Audio and video recording
● Localization of graphics and visuals
● Audio and video post-production, validation and integration
● Integrate translated content back into its various components and re-assemble the course
for final testing
● Typically, we will upload the localized course to the client's LMS system for testing. During
the testing cycle, the localized course is checked to ensure it is fully SCORM compliant.
● When the project is completed, all localized assets and translation memories (TMs) are
delivered to the client.
Platforms we support:
Windows, Mac, Unix, Linux, iPhone, Android, Ruby, LAMP, Ajax, HTML5, .Net
File types we can handle:
● Formatting/layout adjustment after translation: We make sure the translated content
accurately reflects the original. We also enhance these materials so that they conform
to the linguistic and typographic standards of each target country.
● File conversion: Migration of authoring to structured XML-centric processes based on
standards such as DITA.
● Image adaptation/editing: Editing or creating images with text embedded as needed or
recapturing screenshots from the localized graphical user interfaces.
● Extraction of content for translation: Extraction can be done from either editable or
● Creation of templates and document designs for generating online or printed PDF outputs.
● PC and Mac
● Consoles: PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii, Wii U
● Handheld Devices : PSP, DS/DSi, tablets
● Mobile Handsets : Android, iOS, Brew, J2ME, Symbian, Windows CE
● Online: casual, downloadable, MMO game